Friday, December 11

I know this is hard to believe, but it is for reals.


The strangest thing happened to me today...

I began to get ready for a triathlon. Nothing fancy, just some running (I know! Shocker!), but it felt good. It was hard, but I was lucky enough to go with a friend who was gentle, yet pushed me just enough. And I'm going to keep going. And when April comes around, I am going to compete in a triathlon. It will be amazing.

There are three things that I am looking forward to during this whole process:

1. Overcoming my vanity
Today was the first step. I hate being caught without makeup, or my hair done, or generally looking my best. So not having time to replace the makeup I slept in with something decent was very tough. And the thought of spandex makes me cringe. But I am going to get over that.

2. Feeling/looking good
I don't think I feel or look bad, but it might be because I don't know the difference that regular exercise can make. I look forward to seeing how I feel and look in one month.

3. Seeing how far I can go
I have no skill in endurance. This is all about to change.

And I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because I love to hear what you think, leave a comment!