Sunday, July 5

The 3 Most Wonderful, Bestest Women Ever

As I watched two of my three favorite women in the whole world today, I was struck with who I want to become. I believe that this life, the reason for our existence, is to grow and become better people. There are three women that have influenced my life beyond words, that have given me the ultimate examples of who I want to be.

1. My mom:
Of course. I don't know anyone who could write about the most influential women in their life without the first one being their mother. Even my own mother (who had, in my opinion, a pretty crappy mother/daughter relationship) tells me that she couldn't be who she is without her mother.

As our family struggled through some deep thoughts tonight (that's a nice way of saying that we hollered and cried), I was stuck by my mother's strength. By her deep understanding of right and her commitment to her family. I don't know anyone so loyal and I can only take little steps at a time to reach the level of love and passion for family that my mother has. A lesser woman would have walked away a long time ago from the trials that she has faced, but my mother could never dream of such a thing.

Of course, there are a million more things that I could spend hours on, and one day I will. From homeschooling to the millions of vegetables in our house, my mother brings amazing things to my life.

2. Tiffani:
I remember meeting Tiffani and thinking that she was the most beautiful woman I have ever met. We joke that we fell in love faster than she and Rand did. I can't get enough of her. I just want her all to myself, all the time. Because every word that comes out of her mouth is kind and good and real. And everything that she does is touched with love and understanding. I don't know anyone else who is so accepting and so loving. Everyday, I think about how Tiffani would handle something. Because she is the tangible proof that I need to be reminded that I actually can achieve something very like perfection. 2 years, and I haven't found anything I don't like about the woman. You might laugh, but that is only because you have not met her. I will warn you now: It is impossible not to want to be with her and love her, once you get that first little taste. I am continually awed that she still wants me around and let's me be with her family on a regular basis (who, p.s., I love so much. Too cute!). Hopefully, it's because a she sees that maybe one day, if I work very hard, I might just be able to be an 1/8 of what she is. Because that would be enough.

3. Beth:
Could anyone be more generous than Beth? I don't really think so. Could anyone accept me more than Beth? Probably not. Because she sees me for who I am and loves me. Whether I like it or not. And let me tell you, I like it. I drink it up. Beth is family. Beth is the big sister that I never had, the one with all the life experience without ever having to really experience all of it, because she got married at 19. Beth shows me what it is to be married and in love and life at the same time. Because Steve is her second half. I couldn't live without them. I ask her all the time, what would I do without you? And she used to say that I would be fine, but we both know that isn't true. I would shrivel up and die. I wouldn't be going to BYU, that's for sure. I wouldn't make it a week. From a car, to letting my use their washing machine, to their sweet, sweet children, I am nothing without them. Acceptance is very important to a young, teenage girl. Beth and Steve gave that to me and continue to give it. I will forever be grateful to Lyn for calling me up and telling me her friend Beth needed a babysitter.


As I thought about all this (you are a Super Hero if you are here, close to the bottom!), I realized that while each of these women have their own unique qualities that make me love them, so many of these things about them are interchangable. How lucky am I? I got three of them. Three! Most people are lucky to get one. It's ok, you can be jealous.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you wrote a whole post just to celebrate awesome women in your life! That is worth posting! It made me happy and I don't even know them. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Because I love to hear what you think, leave a comment!