Thursday, March 19

Dreaming


As the weather warms up and we begin to enjoy floaty dresses and picnics, I find myself dreaming of the ocean and counting down the days until I see it again. This summer, there is nothing stopping me from going each week. No outrageous gas prices, no vindictive schedulers, no angry rain. Just me. And I am going. You are welcome to come along, but only if you understand the enchantment. Only if you find solace in the sunshine, sand, and swirling waters. Only if you value the solitary. Only if you allow me my calm moments before pestering me with the frisbee or the kite, because I simply cannot resist the childlike feeling that those things give me. And if we get a sailboat, well, I just might be in heaven.

Thanks Jo!

2 comments:

  1. you don't know what you got 'til it's gone, say the counting crows. They must have lived somewhere there was a beach once then moved to a cold place... blah...

    WE WILL BE TAN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to come. I will bask in the enchantment of it all!

    - Mindy in Ogden

    ReplyDelete

Because I love to hear what you think, leave a comment!