Tuesday, November 18

Water

I want to BE the Little Mermaid.

Dawna and I got to talking about amazing stories and the Little Mermaid is on the tv and I basically just want to abandon my life for a life at sea. I could be happy as either a mermaid or a pirate. Did you ever read The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle? She technically wasn't a pirate, but living on a ship at sea is the most romantic life I could possibly think of. Living in a Jane Austen novel would be tempting, but I'm afraid that the social confines of that kind of society would bore me after a while, where as a life at sea would have just the right amount of sunshine and adventure for me.

One of my favorite stories if all time is Kraken by Peter Dickinson (you can find it in Water: Tales of Elemental Spirits). I can't give it away, but the story of the princess and her lover being attacked by pirates is more fantastic than I could have ever imagined.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE "The True Confessions of Charolette Doyle"! I'll try the story you suggest.

    - Mindy in Ogden, UT

    ReplyDelete

Because I love to hear what you think, leave a comment!