Sunday, April 12

J.W. Waterhouse

I love Pre-Raphaelite art most of all. Which means that Waterhouse is my favorite. Let me share how awesome he is.


Ophelia of Hamlet fame
Miranda of the Tempest


The Lady of Shalott (who I am currently writing a paper about...Not this painting, but one of his other ones on her and the Tennyson poem).

Incredible, huh? I had the opportunity to see Miriamne Leaving the Judgment Seat of Herod (hooray for the BYU art museum and Victorian exhibits!) and it was breathtaking. I didn't realize how big these pictures were in real life. Ahhh...art.



(I don't remember where I picked these ones up)

1 comment:

  1. I agree, these are beautiful. I also really love the work of Frederic Leighton who painted some similar themes...

    ReplyDelete

Because I love to hear what you think, leave a comment!