Monday, April 6

Book/Movie of the Week

I read Daniel Deronda by George Eliot not too long ago, and then I noticed the BBC miniseries at the library this past week. And can I tell you that I just love them both? All the actors are perfect for all the characters (especially for Daniel and Gwendolen), and because the whole thing is 210 minutes, it captures everything that I love about the book. Hooray for fabulous British television! They sure know how to do it over there. All my favorite authors come from Britain: Thomas Hardy, Jane Austen, Daphne du Maurier, Philip Pullman, Susan Cooper, and George Eliot, of course. Just to name a few.

Oh, and to top it all off, I can just see the girl who plays Gwendolen as Felicity from A Great and Terrible Beauty, can't you?
via guardian.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, you are totally right! She is almost exactly what I imagine Felicity like...I'm glad you've read that series...I truly do love it!

    And I do look forward to reading your blog on a regular basis, you express yourself so well. Oh if I had just a smidgeon of your talent.

    ReplyDelete

Because I love to hear what you think, leave a comment!