Saturday, February 28

Provo Parenting and Asthma Attacks


This week, in an attempt to shape up, I have been hiking the Y. I've been up 3 times already this week, and it is killer! If you ask me about it, I will shrug and act all nonchalant, like it's no big deal. This is a lie. I am gasping like a fish out of water at every turn. It takes me an hour to reach the top because I stop and rest so much. Today was a lot worse, because I forgot my inhaler. Thinking that I was all cool, and that I could make it up anyways, I went on ahead, only to be passed up by a mom with three kids, none of who looked older than 5. Suck.
But on the note of people hiking the Y with children: Are they trying to knock off those poor little kids? Besides making the poor things hike while crying that it is too hard and that their poor little feet hurt, these crazy parents were letting them climb up all over rocks that I would be a little cautious about standing on, and I love things like that. I watch one little girl slip and barely catch herself from a 200 foot fall. Not cool, mom and dad. There were at least 10 other families going on up. Some of them were having a great time, collecting sticks, running around, and generally having fun, but the majority made me want to adopt all of those poor kids.
Did I mention that it was muddy and the way down turned into me sliding on my butt for almost a mile? On a happy note, I saw a hot man running with his shirt off on my way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because I love to hear what you think, leave a comment!