Wednesday, June 3

Dreams


The Land of Nod has always been a safe haven for me. As I have set sail into it's mysterious depths each night, the intrigue has only grown more profound. I can count on one hand how many times I've had a scary dream, the kind where you wake up with your heart pounding and hurriedly flip on the light. Until last night. Last night, I was mutilated in my sleep. I woke up clenching my fists so hard that my palms were bleeding from my finger nails.

It started out lovely enough, going shopping with Miss Tiffany for some materials to make masks for a lovely ball we were going to. Then as we left the mall and headed to the car, there was one of these sitting on the Florida Power truck parked next to us.
(It's a Florida panther)
Of course, it jumped onto me. And bit my neck. And then the Florida Power men shot it. I don't know if they really have guns in their trucks, but I kind of hope that they do. They saved my fake life last night. It was kind of creepy that I dreamed of people staunching the flow of my blood and then to wake up (in the dream, of course) in the hospital. By then, I had had enough. Sometimes reality isn't that great, but it's better than being mauled by a wild animal.

On a better note, Dennis, you were in the dream. Which says something, because I haven't dreamed about you since you left. Welcome back.

(PS New thing I've started doing: click on the picture for the link.)

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I had a dream I was a famous pen and ink artist.

    But yours sounds way more interesting than mine.

    ReplyDelete

Because I love to hear what you think, leave a comment!