Sunday, June 23

now is the start



Tomorrow is my birthday.
24.
So young.

But sometimes I forget that.
Sometimes I get caught up in the race of life and remember that I am not graduated.
I am not married.
I don't have any kids.
I'm still getting paid by the hour.
I'm still renting.
I haven't paid off my car yet.
I've never been out of the country.


And in light of all that, I feel so behind.
What have I accomplished, really?

And I have to stop myself and remember all the good times I am having.
I love my job.
I love my roommates.
I like being on my own.
I feel happy and fulfilled most every day.

I am so young.
I have so much to look forward to.
I have so much left to do.
That I get to do.

I am alive. 
And now is the start.


1 comment:

  1. It is very interesting how our lives go. Sometimes the way we think, sometimes not. And how we have these stereotypical ideas of what we should be doing at certain times/ages. Well, throw them out the window, as it seems to me you have. You are wonderful and living and doing great things. Also, we have rented for our entire marriage (12 years!) We have yet to own a home.

    ReplyDelete

Because I love to hear what you think, leave a comment!