Sunday, June 23

First Crush







Last week I got to have a sleepover with my favorite 8 year old, Macy.
We went to the mall to try on sunglasses and all the perfumes.
We went swimming then had ramen for dinner, which was a treat for her.
We ate ice cream and chips and watched Chronicles of Narnia till she fell asleep.
It was delightful.


While we were swimming, she asked me if I had a boyfriend.
Not currently, no.
Then she insisted I tell her all about every boy I've dated in chronological order and why I am not dating them anymore.
And is there anyone I'm interested in?
Yes.
{he knows who he is and maybe we could be together one day after I murder we conquer our current obstacles}

So of course the only polite thing to do was ask her about her love life.
"Do you have a boyfriend?"
"Oh yes," came the reply.
"I have eight of them."

Eight??

I've been playing this game for years and can barely keep one!
I was impressed.
But isn't she a little young?

And after hearing each entertaining description, I got to thinking about my first crush.
I was 5. 
Dylan.
He was a 5th grader.
My how I admired him.

By the time I was 8 I had moved on to bigger and better things, namely the star of Early Edition.
I think he was recently on Friday Night Lights.
Oh I was in love with him.

{so cute)




Now I just want that one curly headed fellow.









Unless Clark Kent shows up.

{yum}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because I love to hear what you think, leave a comment!