Wednesday, June 10

Dream, Interrupted

I woke up this morning at 7:50 am to get ready to go to the chiropractor. I was possibly in a bad mood. As I lay on the table, my back being kneaded and stretched by the lovely massage therapist (whom I love, mostly because she also loves The X-Files), instead of letting her loosen the knots of this bad mood, I rubbed it until it got good and nasty. Sorry, Mom. I'm not really a monster.



Then my back started hurting. Usually I feel better after the doctor. Today, I just felt sore. So I took a nap. I dreamed vivid and exciting dreams. There were balloons and I was floating above the town. Then Matthew popped those balloons. One by one. And I was left with a sleep hangover. I hope you know what I am talking about. Where you feel tired and sluggish, a little bit weird, like you are running in your dreams but making no progress. Only you're awake. Grrr...

I'm doing a little better. Tomorrow will be better. I promise. To help me along, I am going to make that list of wonderful things I have done. Here goes.

I have knitted a scarf

I have hiked the Y

I have been to Tennessee

I have been to some amazing concerts

I have survived almost two years of college

I have canoed down a river

I have painted a room

I have swam under a waterfall
I have worn a dress that Johnny Depp liked

I have touched an alligator
I have pulled an all-nighter

I have watched nine seasons of X-Files
I have read the Bible, The Book of Mormon, and the Doctrine and Covenants

I have been to the Salt Lake Temple
I have made a dress

I have made sock puppets

And that should do it.

.credit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because I love to hear what you think, leave a comment!